Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Evan Emory charged with 20-year felony for YouTube video that authorities say 'victimized' Ravenna children | MLive.com
A 21 year old Michigan man, with musical talent, got himself invited to an elementary school to entertain the children with his songs. Unknown to the school, when the children were out of the room he taped a song with sexual content and then posted the video on YouTube. Through editing, it appeared that the classroom full of children were there when he was singing the explicit song. In reality, the children were not in the room. The YouTube video of his ruse showed the children enjoying his "song".
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Do you present to school boards, parent groups or other community groups on school-counseling-related issues? Are you looking for something different to present? ASCA recently developed short videos on bullying issues for members to use in their presentations or classrooms. In one video, Michelle James, a 2011 School Counselor of the Year finalist, covers cybersafety and cyberbullying. The other video is an overview of bullying - what it is and what people can do to stop it.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
But a recent incident that's now gone viral is raising concerns about school cell phone policies."
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Digital Directions Executive Editor Kevin Bushweller says technology builds on good teaching, but it makes bad teaching worse."
Friday, February 4, 2011
“We don’t call it ‘pencil bullying’ when someone uses a wooden stick with lead inside to write someone a threatening note. When a person shakes her fist in front of someone’s face, we don’t call it ‘fist bullying.’ And when kids don’t let other kids sit at their lunch table, we don’t call it ‘table bullying.’"
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 2–3 p.m. EST
Online social networking is indispensable to young people today, but what do we really know about their communication patterns and online lives? What are their preferred technologies for staying in touch and how are they representing themselves on sites such as Facebook and MySpace? "
- ► 2020 (33)
- ► 2019 (48)
- ► 2018 (47)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- empowering bystanders
- You Received a “Sext,” Now What? Advice for Teens ...
- Your Students Love Social Media ... and So Can You...
- Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks
- Internet Slang Dictionary & Text Slang Translator
- Sexting prompts cell-phone seizure at middle schoo...
- Parent Advice - Talking About "Sexting" - Common S...
- YouTube - Anti-Bullying Flashmob January 2011
- Evan Emory charged with 20-year felony for YouTube...
- Bullying Video One - American School Counselor Ass...
- Cyberbullying: An Interview with Nancy Willard « E...
- International STAND UP to Bullying Day - Welcome t...
- Exposed Promotional Video
- School fight caught on camera | abc11.com
- Education Week's Digital Directions: February 9, 2011
- Interface: The Journal for Education, Community, a...
- Cyberbullying or what’s in a name | Cable in the C...
- Facebook bullies: With 6 arrests in 2 incidents, n...
- Safe and Prepared to Stay Safe
- GoToWebinar : Webinars Made Easy. Award-Winning We...
- News Highlights | K9 Web Protection - Free Interne...
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)