Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
New Government Website Takes Aim at Bullying
According to recent studies, more than 30% of young people in the United States are victims and/or perpetrators of bullying. As such, the US government has created a new website designed to provide information to children and young adults on ways to stop bullying and harassment and where to turn for help. It also provides useful tips for parents, educators and other adults in the community.
Featured sections in the site include, "Recognize the Warning Signs" and "How Do I Get Help?" While other sections include information on cyberbullying, state policies and laws, and violence protection programs. Under the "Parents" section, the site includes information on "bully-proofing" your child ans what to do if your child is actually the perpetrator.
The website StopBullying.gov is managed by the US Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with the US Department o Education and the US Department of Justice. It was recently showcased at the Conference on Bullying hosted by the White House.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Engaging Bystanders in Sexual Violence Prevention | National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
[ Print | E-mail | Share ] [ Close Window ]
Contact: Patricia Donovan
University at Buffalo
Study: Facebook photo sharing reflects focus on female appearance
What affects women's self worth also influences their social networking behavior
Also see http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2011/03/teen-activist-works-to-end-distracted-driving.html?EXTKEY=I72RSC0
Monday, March 7, 2011
Call for Proposals
8th Annual Conference
International Bullying Prevention Association
will be held
November 6th-8th, 2011
New Orleans Marriott
555 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130-2349
The Request for Proposals released on March 1, 2011.
Proposal deadline is May 13, 2011."
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Internet Safety News and Information: Justin Bieber Joins MTV and Facebook to Fight Digital Harassment
As part of this partnership, he’s campaigning for Draw Your Line—a place that celebrates and rewards teens for helping to develop a new digital code of ethics. "
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (146)
- Cornell University Press Relations: Press Release
- Does your child have Facebook syndrome? · MyNorthw...
- Home | StopBullying.gov
- Man involved in crash admits sexting while driving...
- Cyberbullying Research Center - cyber bullying exa...
- Outrage Over High School 'Smut List'
- How to fix "sexting" laws - Sexting - Salon.com
- Conference on Bullying Prevention Opening Session
- Stephen Balkam: The President Uses His Bully Pulpi...
- Safer Internet Day 2009
- Anti-bullying - SurveyMonkey
- The White House Meeting on Cyberbullying
- White House Conference on Bullying Prevention - Re...
- Welcome to YouthFacts.org
- Engaging Bystanders in Sexual Violence Prevention ...
- Videos Posted by Facebook Safety: A Message from P...
- Study: Facebook photo sharing reflects focus on fe...
- The hurt of digital harassment can last forever.
- Faces of Distracted Driving: Kelson Vaillancourt, ...
- Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity ...
- 2011 IBPA Conference
- Acceptable Use Policies in Web 2.0
- Internet Safety News and Information: Justin Biebe...
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)