Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Bullying & Cyberbullying Bystanders: Cartoon Network campaign targets middle school “bystanders” to intervene | Cyberbullying News | Research, Reviews, Summaries & Expert Interviews for Educators & Researchers
Sunday, May 23, 2010
How to prevent texting while driving - Tips, Reviews and Advice on All Things Digital - The Kim Komando Radio Show
Friday, May 21, 2010
A former Tunkhannock Area High School student is accusing school and Wyoming County law enforcement officials of violating her privacy rights by seizing and searching her cell phone and punishing her for storing nude and semi-nude photos of herself on the device.
The woman, who was a 17-year-old senior at the time, contends in a civil rights suit filed Thursday that the intimate photos were intended to be viewed "only by herself and, perhaps, her longtime boyfriend." She is seeking unspecified damages and the destruction of all electronic and hard copies of the photos.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Source: School Library Journal
Kindergarten-Grade 5--This book equates living with bullying to being around a scary machine that is 'loud and powerful, with spinning wheels and whirling blades. It's cold and mean and looks kind of dangerous.' The kid-friendly text explains that bullies are not always bad people and gives possible reasons for their actions. Different types of behavior are explained, including 'mean words,' 'cruel actions,' hurtful teasing, and picking on others in 'quiet or sneaky ways.' The authors provide tips for dealing with negative behaviors and encourage readers to take a stand against bullying and unplug the bully machine. Fox's enticing, edgy, collage artwork will draw readers in. Small photos of children interacting in social situations blend with cut-out words, machine parts and gears, and other images to send a strong visual message. 'Bully-Busting Activities' are appended.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Openbook draws attention to the information Facebook makes public about its users via its search API. Facebook exposed this service on April 21st, 2010.
Our goal is to get Facebook to restore the privacy of this information, so that this website and others like it no longer work.
If you have questions, or are a media person, you can email Will and Peter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is a parody, and has no relationship to Facebook."
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Under the umbrella of cyberbullying is another form of technological misuse, sexting—an ability that anyone, who owns a cell phone with a camera, can engage in if they choose.
The term “sexting” is wordplay on exactly what it entails, sending sexual images via text-messaging services from one person to another. The viral affect that sexting can so easily create poses a lot of concerns which are similar to the defamation that any instance of cyberbullying can have on one’s self-esteem or reputation. And just like cyberbullying, sexting is becoming more and more of a problem that parents, teachers, and even lawmakers are having a hard time remedying.In this blog I want to lay out the important facts about sexting, as well as provide some advice so that parents know how to spot it and deal with it, or how to prevent it from happening altogether.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- 'Sack Tapping': Boys Punch Groin, Testicles in Dan...
- Bullying & Cyberbullying Bystanders: Cartoon Netwo...
- Amazon.com: BOB - Screen Time Manager - Manage You...
- Tony Get's His Butt Kicked - Cyberbully PSA
- Protecting Reputations Online in Plain English - C...
- Facebook privacy and security
- ReclaimPrivacy.org | Facebook Privacy Scanner
- How to prevent texting while driving - Tips, Re...
- ACLU: Tunkhannock student's cell phone photos priv...
- Good-Bye Bully Machine (Hardcover)
- "What does Facebook publish about you and your fri...
- Openbook - Connect and share whether you want to o...
- GuardingKids.com Resources
- Thinkuknow - 5-7 - hector's world - Safety Button
- Facebook rules for teens
- Parents Test
- Cyber Bullying Alert | CyberBullying Prevention So...
- NetSmartz Workshop Presents: Recommendations to Pr...
- Postings from Russ Sabella ...
- YouTube - Intro to Prime Time Special with Diane S...
- Sexting 101 | Yoursphere for Parents
- Cheating and Plagiarism
- Formspring, Cyberbullying, and Alexis Pilkington |...
- YouTube - GuardingKids.com Book
- New Jersey Principal Asks Parents To Ban Facebook,...
- Kid apps become special on the iPad - USATODAY.com...
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2009 (169)