Electronic Media and Youth Violence: A CDC Issue Brief for Educators and Caregivers focuses on the phenomena of electronic aggression. Electronic aggression is defined as any kind of harassment or bullying that occurs through email, chat rooms, instant messaging, websites, blogs, or text messaging. The brief summarizes what is known about young people and electronic aggression, provides strategies for addressing the issue with young people, and discusses the implications for school staff, education policy makers, and parents and caregivers.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Posted By THE CANADIAN PRESS
Katie Neu takes her high school courses from home. It's been two years since she walked out of her high school after being cyberbullied so much that she felt forced to leave.
Neu, 16, was threatened over instant messaging programs. Her peers called her names in e-mails after rumours about her spread around the school. She received messages and e-mails accusing her of faking a broken arm.
I had enough of people trying to hurt me and harass me," said Neu from her home in Listowel, Ont. I'll probably have to do it myself, but I want to see all forms of bullying illegal."
An announcement from the Canadian Teachers' Federation calling for the addition of cyberbullying to the Criminal Code has brought Neu's hopes one step closer to reality.
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)
- Electronic Media and Youth Violence: A CDC Issue B...
- Cyberbullying: Bigger Threat Than Sexual Predators...
- The terrors of texting: Consumer Reports Health Bl...
- Instruction on Windows Vista Parental Controls
- Protect Your Kids Online Using Open DNS :: Mysticg...
- Teens support making it illegal to cyberbully
- Wireless services add more parental controls - Bac...
- ABC News: Appeals court affirms COPA violates Firs...
- Digital Ethnography » Blog Archive » “An anthropol...
- ▼ August (9)