The National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) hosted an engaging panel discussion at the National Press Club with the goal of staring a national discussion around respect, online aggression, and their links to crime prevention. The event, Redefining Respect in America, featured speakers Deborah Norville (Inside Edition anchor and author of The Power of Respect), Rosalind Wiseman (author of Queen Bees and Wannabes); Rachel Simmons (author of Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls); Christopher Moessner (Senior Vice President, Research, Stewart and Partners); and Dr. Sameer Hinduja (Co-Director, Cyberbullying Research Center, Florida Atlantic University).
The event served as the formal launch NCPCs newest initiative, Circle of Respect, designed to inspire us to live in ways that embody respect where we live, learn, work, and play. This riveting session included a twenty minute dialogue between the panelists where they discussed questions from the links between violent behavior and kids who are bullied to how we restore respect in society that will lead to us to change behaviors such as sexting, cyberbullying, date rape, and gang violence.
cyberbullying (139) safety (110) resources (99) social networking (94) reputation (86) parents (69) support (60) monitoring (48) reports (46) sexting (45) Bullying (44) privacy (35) training (31) facebook (28) research (26) texting (20) StandUp (15) gaming (15) events (13) suicide (12) reporting (10) app (7)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- ► 2011 (216)
- Some Employers, Colleges Asking Applicants to Pull...
- iKeepSafe Video Ads on Internet Safety
- Make no mistake about it: Your online reputation m...
- Carmel High School teacher settles Facebook cyberb...
- Cyberbullying leads to suspension of 28 middle-sch...
- I Don't Play
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) specifi...
- Some Cell Phone Features Favor Speed Over Accuracy...
- How to keep digital copies of cyberbullying | Your...
- VIDEO: Redefining Respect in America
- sexting Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorat...
- Woogi World
- The effects of media on the physical, mental, and ...
- Teens and Sexting | Pew Research Center's Internet...
- Latest News - Digital Learning
- CSRIU: Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Us...
- McGruff SafeGuard: Free Family Safety Software
- Plainfield investigates high school 'sexting' case...
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2009 (169)