Are depressed kids bully magnets? - CNN.com: A new study, published this week in the journal "Child Development," provides some of the strongest evidence to date for a third theory: Kids who cry easily, express negative emotions, and show other signs of depression ultimately suffer socially because they are shunned by their peers and attract the attention of bullies.
"Bullies target youth who are unlikely to fight back," says lead author Karen P. Kochel, Ph.D., an assistant research professor at Arizona State University, in Phoenix. "Youth who are depressed really have the potential to appear vulnerable, and are easy marks for victimization, unfortunately."
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (81)
- Millennials will benefit and suffer due to their h...
- Collier sheriff’s office launches anti-bullying ca...
- Bully - A MUST SEE OFFICIAL LATEST 2012 HD MOVIE D...
- A Platform for Good
- Landmark case? University Vs Former student, cadav...
- Jamie Isaacs honored for cyberbully efforts
- Stephen Balkam: Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop, Miss...
- Father shoots daughter's labtop computuer for Face...
- Students Standing Up to Bullying and Hate | Edutop...
- Teen Dating Violence
- Are depressed kids bully magnets? - CNN.com
- Power to Learn - Parenting with Technology
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)