cyberbullying (120) resources (93) safety (91) social networking (83) reputation (70) support (56) parents (49) reports (43) monitoring (38) Bullying (37) sexting (36) privacy (33) facebook (28) research (25) training (22) texting (15) gaming (12) suicide (12) events (11) reporting (8) app (6) StandUp (4)
Thursday, March 21, 2013
First government-supported “sexting” guidance published - 19 March 2013
Teachers are no doubt horrified by the trend, and concerned about the children who find themselves part of these images. But how do you start to address such a sensitive issue in the right way? Help may be at hand in the form of first government-backed guidance for school staff.
It was developed by former police detective Sharon Girling, working with Medway Council, the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre, the Lucy Faithfull Foundation child protection charity, and sponsored by online software company Securus.
The document promises practical support, including how to respond, how to help children involved, how to prevent further incidents and advice on whether teachers can search phones and computers. Its publication was welcomed by Russell Hobby, general secretary of the NAHT, who said it would “help schools deal with this contemporary threat appropriately”.
“Sexting” in schools: advice and support around self-generated images: What to do and how to handle it can be downloaded here.
- ► 2017 (31)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- How To Implement Suicide Prevention Strategies in ...
- Jobhunting and the Absence of Online Privacy
- Questions About Social Media You Haven't Dared to ...
- Clean Up Your Digital Footprint
- Enroll Your School and Take a Stand Against Bullyi...
- First government-supported “sexting” guidance publ...
- Webinar To Examine the Use of Restorative Justice ...
- Peaceful School Bus Program
- Negotiating Technology with your Child
- Lend a Hand School Bus Bullying Prevention
- When teachers are the bully's target
- Gangs Recruiting through Facebook
- Measuring Bullying Victimization, Perpetration, an...
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)