(WCBD) Mariah Anderson has been fighting for her life since she was born, and now her family is having to fend off internet bullies. Born with a rare condition called Chromosome Two Duplication Syndrome that impairs her learning and motor skills, Mariah turned 2-years-old last Saturday.
Her mother Kyra posted a photo of her daughter to celebrate the special day, but the web had other intentions for the birthday girl. The photo of Mariah became an internet sensation, shared by thousands, but not because of Mariah's smile.
Facebook users made various comments on the original post poking fun at Mariah's appearance. Kyra Pringle, Mariah's mother, was horrified at some of things people said.
"The smile that you guys think is funny or the smile that you guys are comparing to a leprechaun," said Kyra Pringle, "the things you guys are saying about my child, she's not a monster, she's real."
Read more: http://bit.ly/1E9lNeA
NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral
- ► 2016 (65)
- Online Safety Cards For Kids' Technology Gifts
- Students investigated for sending racy photos of c...
- Monica Lewinsky: The price of shame
- Georgia > Cyberbully Bill Approved by House
- Suicide Safe Is Now Available for Download!
- AsusRouters - Parental Control Setup Tutorial
- New bill in Colorado could penalize technology-bas...
- Toddler victim of cyber bullying
- ▼ March (8)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)