I hope you’ll check out the new and improved OnGuardOnline.gov – the
U.S. government’s site to help people be safe, secure and responsible
online. OnGuardOnline.gov is a partnership of 16 federal agencies, led
by the Federal Trade Commission. You’ll notice that we’ve linked up
with the Stop.Think.Connect.™ campaign, managed by the Department of
The OnGuard Online blog will feature cybersecurity news from around
the government, spotlight how-to articles and videos, and offer
insights from federal officials. Check back regularly for updates, or
sign up to get an email when a new post is up. The blog is two-way
communication: please let us know what topics you’re interested in,
and your thoughts on recent developments related to computer security
and online safety.
So, how can you use OnGuardOnline.gov materials? If you’re updating
your website or blog, link to us. Editing a newsletter? “Drop in” an
article of interest to your readers. Speaking at a community meeting?
Print publications directly from the site or use the FTC’s bulk order
site for free materials to distribute. All the OnGuardOnline.gov
information is in the public domain. That means you’re welcome to copy
it, adapt it, post it, or link to it. I hope you will.
I'm looking for blog posts from other federal officials so please let
feds you work with know about this opportunity to get their message
Assistant Director, Consumer & Business Education
Bureau of Consumer Protection
Federal Trade Commission
cyberbullying (139) safety (110) resources (99) social networking (94) reputation (86) parents (69) support (60) monitoring (48) reports (46) sexting (45) Bullying (44) privacy (35) training (31) facebook (28) research (26) texting (20) StandUp (15) gaming (15) events (13) suicide (12) reporting (10) app (7)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- Cyberbullying Toolkit | Common Sense Media
- Anti-Bullying Laws Get Tough With Schools : NPR
- TeachersFirst's Bullying and Cyberbullying Prevent...
- Why Cyberbullying Rhetoric Misses the Mark - NYTim...
- OnGuard Online
- Quiz: A THIN LINE, MTV’s sexting, cyberbullying, d...
- Releases | MTV Press
- Kids deserve the truth about cyberbullying
- Majority of Parents Use Tools, Rules to Protect Th...
- More bullying cases have parents turning to courts...
- Gay Students Bullied in Anoka, Minn., Suit Says - ...
- International Bullying Prevention Association 201...
- Sneak peek: Bullying - Words Can Kill - 48 Hours -...
- Resources for Youth in Crisis | SafeKids.com
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)