In November 2012, a crying student burst into my classroom during lunch. Through sniffles, she talked about how her group of girlfriends suddenly excommunicated her, and were going to great lengths to make it known during their lunch period. It was a story I knew too well, both from watching students experience it year after year, and from my own experiences in middle school. I promised myself when I became a teacher that I would do more to stop bullying, but I had not figured out how.
Read more and watch the video: Students Break the System of Bullying in English Class
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- Social Network Cheat Sheet on How to Report Cyberb...
- Legal Sector Guide Available on Commercial Sexual ...
- Webinar: The Relationship Between Bullying and Sui...
- Webinar To Discuss Internet Safety and Cyberbullyi...
- Gulf Middle School: Cybersafety Training for Paren...
- Teens on social media: 'Like' and 'FOMO' anxiety -...
- Astronaut Scott Kelly Speaks Out Against Bullying
- Students Break the System of Bullying in English C...
- Reach out and be a friend
- October is National Bullying Prevention Awareness ...
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)