cyberbullying (149) safety (118) resources (101) social networking (100) reputation (90) parents (80) support (61) monitoring (56) Bullying (49) sexting (47) reports (46) training (36) privacy (35) facebook (28) research (27) texting (23) StandUp (22) gaming (16) events (14) suicide (14) reporting (11) app (9)
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Austin Police Department & LGPOA-Austin - It Gets Better HD
The Lesbian & Gay Peace Officers Association produced a video comprising of LGBT officers and civilian members of the Austin Police Department to send a message to LGBTQ youth that it does get better. This is part of the It Gets Better Project (www.itgetsbetter.org) and The Trevor Project (www.thetrevorproject.org) to reach out to LGBTQ youth who may be struggling due to bullying, harassment, and non-acceptance, and who may be thinking of committing suicide. Our message is to let those youth know that even though it is difficult today, tomorrow will bring hope, love, and life. We are here to help you make it there!
If you are considering suicide or need help, call the Trevor Project now: 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386).
"IT GETS BETTER"
The It Gets Better Project was created to show young LGBT people the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach — if they can just get through their teen years. The It Gets Better Project wants to remind teenagers in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better. The website itgetsbetter.org is a place where young people who are lesbian, gay, bi, or trans can see how love and happiness can be a reality in their future. It's a place where straight allies can visit and support their friends and family members. It's a place where people can share their stories, take the It Gets Better Project pledge, watch videos of love and support, and seek help. Take the pledge to help make it better for others.
- ► 2018 (34)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- Prom queen prank backfires as community rallies
- Cyberbulling infographic.
- 12 Things Your Kids Should Never Do on Social Medi...
- Maily - A Safe & Fun Email Application for Kids
- Teens are learning distracted driving behavior fro...
- Austin Police Department & LGPOA-Austin - It Gets ...
- Should educators and students "friend" each other ...
- 'Sexting' may go hand-in-hand with unprotected sex...
- Embracing Good News on Children's Safety
- Sexting on the Rise for Millennials: Why We Need t...
- United States Gang Used Social Media In Teen Prost...
- What Do Educators Need to Know About Cyberbullying...
- Facebook Activity Log
- Calming Parental Anxiety While Empowering Our Digi...
- Book Review: Stand Up
- Preliminary Guidance on the use of Facebook, MySpa...
- Cyber-Bullying Webinar - What’s Different, and Wha...
- How to Identify, Prevent, and Respond to Cyberbull...
- Cyberbullying not as rampant as thought, study sug...
- Sexting victim: 'I never thought anyone would see'...
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)