Saturday, August 26, 2017
Family Media Plan
Media should work for you & work within your family values & parenting style. When media is used thoughtfully & appropriately, media can enhance daily life. But when used inappropriately or without thought, media can displace many important activities such as face-to-face interaction, family-time, outdoor-play, exercise, unplugged downtime & sleep.
By creating a Personalized Family Media Use Plan, you can be aware of when you are using media to achieve your purpose. This requires parents & users to think about what they want those purposes to be. The tool below will help you to think about media & create goals & rules that are in line with your family’s values.
To make YOUR family’s Media Use Plan, start by entering your family’s information. This information will remain private and confidential.
Go to: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/media/Pages/default.aspx
at 2:18 PM
- 8 Rules for Safe Smartphone Use
- Family Media Plan
- Melinda Gates: I spent my career in technology. I ...
- This dad created an app that freezes your kids' ph...
- Starting the School Year with Kindness as the Expe...
- Xfinity: Parental Controls
- Social Media 101: Snapchat
- Human Sex Trafficking and Social Media
- Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- A Parent’s Guide to Kik from ConnectSafely
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)