Saturday, August 26, 2017
Melinda Gates: I spent my career in technology. I wasn’t prepared for its effect on my kids
When my youngest child was born in 2002, the flip phone was still the coolest piece of tech you could get. Now I’m told that all three of my children are part of what demographers are calling iGen.
I spent my career at Microsoft trying to imagine what technology could do, and still I wasn’t prepared for smartphones and social media. Like many parents with children my kids’ age, I didn’t understand how they would transform the way my kids grew up — and the way I wanted to parent. I’m still trying to catch up.
Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/parenting/wp/2017/08/24/melinda-gates-i-spent-my-career-in-technology-i-wasnt-prepared-for-its-effect-on-my-kids/
- 8 Rules for Safe Smartphone Use
- Family Media Plan
- Melinda Gates: I spent my career in technology. I ...
- This dad created an app that freezes your kids' ph...
- Starting the School Year with Kindness as the Expe...
- Xfinity: Parental Controls
- Social Media 101: Snapchat
- Human Sex Trafficking and Social Media
- Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- A Parent’s Guide to Kik from ConnectSafely
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (216)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)