cyberbullying (183) social networking (145) parents (136) resources (133) safety (129) reputation (126) support (86) monitoring (71) Bullying (69) sexting (59) privacy (57) training (55) research (53) reports (49) texting (40) gaming (34) StandUp (30) facebook (29) reporting (22) suicide (18) events (16) harassment (15) app (10) job (2) jobs (2)
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
What Don't you See?
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip.
As they lay down for the night,
Holmes said: "Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see."
Watson said: "I see millions and millions of stars."
Holmes: "And what does that tell you?"
Watson: "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Theologically it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"
Holmes: "Somebody stole our tent."
Lesson: It is always easier to see what is in front of us than to notice that which is missing. All of the physical attractions of the world are "dangled" in front of our eyes. We see the new cars on the roads, we see the latest fashions on others, we see all of the advertisements. What don't we see? What we don't see is what is missing - solutions and exceptions.
at 10:21 AM
- ► 2020 (40)
- ► 2019 (48)
- ► 2018 (47)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- A year of too much work or too little - KansasCity...
- Bullying in Schools: An Overview
- Linksys Network Router Internet Access Policy Setup
- Sexting game making 'Rounds' at local middle schoo...
- What chat slang is important for parents to know?
- Suicide and Bullying BRIEF
- Microsoft Online Safety Event Planning Guide
- Safely | online monitoring for parents and children
- Media and Technology Resources for Educators | Com...
- Netsmartz Tip Sheets
- Contract for Responsible Cell Phone Us
- BeSeen - a Free Mobile App about Social Networking...
- Bullying in Schools
- Online Safety FAQ
- Mostly good news about kids online, study finds | ...
- Meet the Facebook Safety Advisory Board
- Report Suicidal Content on Facebook
- Christopher Ferguson: Video Games Don't Make Kids ...
- Recent Bullying and Victimization Research
- Education World: Bullying and Cyberbullying: Six T...
- Once Posted You Lose it
- Pause Before You Post™ on Facebook
- U.S. Education Department Releases Analysis of Sta...
- Dot-XXX Domains Go Live, Escalating Battle for Smu...
- What Don't you See?
- Sexting far less prevalent than previously reporte...
- Whats goin on.. (bullying).
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)