This web site supports Dr. Russell Sabella's work on educating children, parents, educators and other stake holders about the responsible use of technology. Included in these pages you will find helpful resources, lesson plans, links, and more.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Bullying & Cyberbullying Bystanders: Cartoon Network campaign targets middle school “bystanders” to intervene | Cyberbullying News | Research, Reviews, Summaries & Expert Interviews for Educators & Researchers
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Amazon.com: BOB - Screen Time Manager - Manage Your TV Time:…
Protecting Reputations Online in Plain English - Common Craft - Our Product is Explanation
Facebook privacy and security
ReclaimPrivacy.org | Facebook Privacy Scanner
How to prevent texting while driving - Tips, Reviews and Advice on All Things Digital - The Kim Komando Radio Show
Friday, May 21, 2010
ACLU: Tunkhannock student's cell phone photos private - News - The Times-Tribune
A former Tunkhannock Area High School student is accusing school and Wyoming County law enforcement officials of violating her privacy rights by seizing and searching her cell phone and punishing her for storing nude and semi-nude photos of herself on the device.
The woman, who was a 17-year-old senior at the time, contends in a civil rights suit filed Thursday that the intimate photos were intended to be viewed "only by herself and, perhaps, her longtime boyfriend." She is seeking unspecified damages and the destruction of all electronic and hard copies of the photos.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Good-Bye Bully Machine (Hardcover)
Source: School Library Journal
Kindergarten-Grade 5--This book equates living with bullying to being around a scary machine that is 'loud and powerful, with spinning wheels and whirling blades. It's cold and mean and looks kind of dangerous.' The kid-friendly text explains that bullies are not always bad people and gives possible reasons for their actions. Different types of behavior are explained, including 'mean words,' 'cruel actions,' hurtful teasing, and picking on others in 'quiet or sneaky ways.' The authors provide tips for dealing with negative behaviors and encourage readers to take a stand against bullying and unplug the bully machine. Fox's enticing, edgy, collage artwork will draw readers in. Small photos of children interacting in social situations blend with cut-out words, machine parts and gears, and other images to send a strong visual message. 'Bully-Busting Activities' are appended.
Monday, May 17, 2010
"What does Facebook publish about you and your friends?"
Openbook - Connect and share whether you want to or not
Openbook draws attention to the information Facebook makes public about its users via its search API. Facebook exposed this service on April 21st, 2010.
Our goal is to get Facebook to restore the privacy of this information, so that this website and others like it no longer work.
If you have questions, or are a media person, you can email Will and Peter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is a parody, and has no relationship to Facebook."
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
They are the 43rd State to get an
Anti Bullying Law
They are the
42nd State to get
an anti bullying law
Michigan & New York
get their law"
Monday, May 10, 2010
Thinkuknow - 5-7 - hector's world - Safety Button
Sunday, May 9, 2010
-- parents who are well informed and can make effective decisions about technology use (e.g., decisions about access, monitoring, filtering, conditions of use, and consequences of misuse);
-- kids who can make responsible decisions and empathize with others, especially when nobody else is watching;
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Cyber Bullying Alert | CyberBullying Prevention Software | Internet Harassment
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Postings from Russ Sabella ...
– SchoolCounselor.com eNewsletter. The SchoolCounselor.com e-Newsletter is an electronic publication designed to advance counselors' level of technological literacy, application, and integration. You will find practical solutions and answers to technology related problems, especially as they apply to your job as counselor. http://counselingtechnology.blogspot.com/
– Must See Videos. When I see a video that would be useful, inspiring, enlightening among counselors, I post it here. http://counselingvideos.blogspot.com/
– Twitter. Postings about all thinks counseling, life, humor, and more. http://twitter.com/rsabella
Monday, May 3, 2010
Sexting 101 | Yoursphere for Parents
Under the umbrella of cyberbullying is another form of technological misuse, sexting—an ability that anyone, who owns a cell phone with a camera, can engage in if they choose.
The term “sexting” is wordplay on exactly what it entails, sending sexual images via text-messaging services from one person to another. The viral affect that sexting can so easily create poses a lot of concerns which are similar to the defamation that any instance of cyberbullying can have on one’s self-esteem or reputation. And just like cyberbullying, sexting is becoming more and more of a problem that parents, teachers, and even lawmakers are having a hard time remedying.In this blog I want to lay out the important facts about sexting, as well as provide some advice so that parents know how to spot it and deal with it, or how to prevent it from happening altogether.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
YouTube - GuardingKids.com Book
Saturday, May 1, 2010
New Jersey Principal Asks Parents To Ban Facebook, Social Networking, Text Messaging - wcbstv.com
- ► 2022 (46)
- ► 2021 (37)
- ► 2020 (40)
- ► 2019 (48)
- ► 2018 (47)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (64)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- ► 2011 (216)
- 'Sack Tapping': Boys Punch Groin, Testicles in Dan...
- Bullying & Cyberbullying Bystanders: Cartoon Netwo...
- Amazon.com: BOB - Screen Time Manager - Manage You...
- Tony Get's His Butt Kicked - Cyberbully PSA
- Protecting Reputations Online in Plain English - C...
- Facebook privacy and security
- ReclaimPrivacy.org | Facebook Privacy Scanner
- How to prevent texting while driving - Tips, Re...
- ACLU: Tunkhannock student's cell phone photos priv...
- Good-Bye Bully Machine (Hardcover)
- "What does Facebook publish about you and your fri...
- Openbook - Connect and share whether you want to o...
- GuardingKids.com Resources
- Thinkuknow - 5-7 - hector's world - Safety Button
- Facebook rules for teens
- Parents Test
- Cyber Bullying Alert | CyberBullying Prevention So...
- NetSmartz Workshop Presents: Recommendations to Pr...
- Postings from Russ Sabella ...
- YouTube - Intro to Prime Time Special with Diane S...
- Sexting 101 | Yoursphere for Parents
- Cheating and Plagiarism
- Formspring, Cyberbullying, and Alexis Pilkington |...
- YouTube - GuardingKids.com Book
- New Jersey Principal Asks Parents To Ban Facebook,...
- Kid apps become special on the iPad - USATODAY.com
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2009 (169)