This web site supports Dr. Russell Sabella's work on educating children, parents, educators and other stake holders about the responsible use of technology. Included in these pages you will find helpful resources, lesson plans, links, and more.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
You Received a “Sext,” Now What? Advice for Teens | Cyberbullying Research Center Blog
Your Students Love Social Media ... and So Can You | Teaching Tolerance
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks
Monday, February 21, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Parent Advice - Talking About "Sexting" - Common Sense Media
Evan Emory charged with 20-year felony for YouTube video that authorities say 'victimized' Ravenna children | MLive.com
A 21 year old Michigan man, with musical talent, got himself invited to an elementary school to entertain the children with his songs. Unknown to the school, when the children were out of the room he taped a song with sexual content and then posted the video on YouTube. Through editing, it appeared that the classroom full of children were there when he was singing the explicit song. In reality, the children were not in the room. The YouTube video of his ruse showed the children enjoying his "song".
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Bullying Video One - American School Counselor Association
Do you present to school boards, parent groups or other community groups on school-counseling-related issues? Are you looking for something different to present? ASCA recently developed short videos on bullying issues for members to use in their presentations or classrooms. In one video, Michelle James, a 2011 School Counselor of the Year finalist, covers cybersafety and cyberbullying. The other video is an overview of bullying - what it is and what people can do to stop it.
Cyberbullying: An Interview with Nancy Willard « Educational Technology and Change Journal
International STAND UP to Bullying Day - Welcome to the Movement!
Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
School fight caught on camera | abc11.com
But a recent incident that's now gone viral is raising concerns about school cell phone policies."
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Education Week's Digital Directions: February 9, 2011
Digital Directions Executive Editor Kevin Bushweller says technology builds on good teaching, but it makes bad teaching worse."
Friday, February 4, 2011
Interface: The Journal for Education, Community, and Values
Cyberbullying or what’s in a name | Cable in the Classroom Blog
“We don’t call it ‘pencil bullying’ when someone uses a wooden stick with lead inside to write someone a threatening note. When a person shakes her fist in front of someone’s face, we don’t call it ‘fist bullying.’ And when kids don’t let other kids sit at their lunch table, we don’t call it ‘table bullying.’"
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Safe and Prepared to Stay Safe
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
GoToWebinar : Webinars Made Easy. Award-Winning Web Casting & Online Seminar Hosting Software
Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 2–3 p.m. EST
Online social networking is indispensable to young people today, but what do we really know about their communication patterns and online lives? What are their preferred technologies for staying in touch and how are they representing themselves on sites such as Facebook and MySpace? "
News Highlights | K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control Software
- ► 2022 (46)
- ► 2021 (37)
- ► 2020 (40)
- ► 2019 (48)
- ► 2018 (47)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (64)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- empowering bystanders
- You Received a “Sext,” Now What? Advice for Teens ...
- Your Students Love Social Media ... and So Can You...
- Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks
- Internet Slang Dictionary & Text Slang Translator
- Sexting prompts cell-phone seizure at middle schoo...
- Parent Advice - Talking About "Sexting" - Common S...
- YouTube - Anti-Bullying Flashmob January 2011
- Evan Emory charged with 20-year felony for YouTube...
- Bullying Video One - American School Counselor Ass...
- Cyberbullying: An Interview with Nancy Willard « E...
- International STAND UP to Bullying Day - Welcome t...
- Exposed Promotional Video
- School fight caught on camera | abc11.com
- Education Week's Digital Directions: February 9, 2011
- Interface: The Journal for Education, Community, a...
- Cyberbullying or what’s in a name | Cable in the C...
- Facebook bullies: With 6 arrests in 2 incidents, n...
- Safe and Prepared to Stay Safe
- GoToWebinar : Webinars Made Easy. Award-Winning We...
- News Highlights | K9 Web Protection - Free Interne...
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (169)