eNews #118: "Good-Bye Bully Machine (Hardcover)
Source: School Library Journal
Kindergarten-Grade 5--This book equates living with bullying to being around a scary machine that is 'loud and powerful, with spinning wheels and whirling blades. It's cold and mean and looks kind of dangerous.' The kid-friendly text explains that bullies are not always bad people and gives possible reasons for their actions. Different types of behavior are explained, including 'mean words,' 'cruel actions,' hurtful teasing, and picking on others in 'quiet or sneaky ways.' The authors provide tips for dealing with negative behaviors and encourage readers to take a stand against bullying and unplug the bully machine. Fox's enticing, edgy, collage artwork will draw readers in. Small photos of children interacting in social situations blend with cut-out words, machine parts and gears, and other images to send a strong visual message. 'Bully-Busting Activities' are appended.
cyberbullying (173) social networking (139) parents (131) resources (128) safety (125) reputation (121) support (83) monitoring (70) Bullying (67) sexting (58) privacy (56) training (50) reports (47) research (47) texting (39) gaming (31) StandUp (29) facebook (29) reporting (22) suicide (18) events (15) harassment (13) app (9)
- ► 2019 (48)
- ► 2018 (47)
- ► 2017 (43)
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (53)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (145)
- ► 2011 (216)
- 'Sack Tapping': Boys Punch Groin, Testicles in Dan...
- Bullying & Cyberbullying Bystanders: Cartoon Netwo...
- Amazon.com: BOB - Screen Time Manager - Manage You...
- Tony Get's His Butt Kicked - Cyberbully PSA
- Protecting Reputations Online in Plain English - C...
- Facebook privacy and security
- ReclaimPrivacy.org | Facebook Privacy Scanner
- How to prevent texting while driving - Tips, Re...
- ACLU: Tunkhannock student's cell phone photos priv...
- Good-Bye Bully Machine (Hardcover)
- "What does Facebook publish about you and your fri...
- Openbook - Connect and share whether you want to o...
- GuardingKids.com Resources
- Thinkuknow - 5-7 - hector's world - Safety Button
- Facebook rules for teens
- Parents Test
- Cyber Bullying Alert | CyberBullying Prevention So...
- NetSmartz Workshop Presents: Recommendations to Pr...
- Postings from Russ Sabella ...
- YouTube - Intro to Prime Time Special with Diane S...
- Sexting 101 | Yoursphere for Parents
- Cheating and Plagiarism
- Formspring, Cyberbullying, and Alexis Pilkington |...
- YouTube - GuardingKids.com Book
- New Jersey Principal Asks Parents To Ban Facebook,...
- Kid apps become special on the iPad - USATODAY.com
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2009 (169)